[FFmpeg-trac] #7323(undetermined:closed): aac decoder - file with errors in console (plays fine though) - Telekom 360° Apple HLS stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jul 20 22:58:41 EEST 2018

#7323: aac decoder - file with errors in console (plays fine though) - Telekom
360° Apple HLS stream
             Reporter:  Djfe         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  worksforme
Analyzed by developer:  0            |               Blocked By:
                                     |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * keywords:   => hls
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 First: FFmpeg is not a downloading tool, it is a transcoder. In this
 specific case, it is very easy to download the short transport streams:
 You choose one of the four resolutions in the first m3u8 file, download
 the next m3u8 (with `wget`, `curl` or your favorite tool) and find four
 streams. Each of the four streams will show the "issues" you report:
 Damaged audio frame in the beginning of the file and a damaged audio frame
 at the end (I don't know if this is ''allowed'' in hls but this doesn't
 matter). If you concatenate the files, you still see the error at the
 beginning of the resulting larger file (and the end) but not the
 concatenation points.
 In general, it is not always possible to remux damaged streams, in this
 case, the resulting files in my tests play exactly as good as the original
 files, so I don't think there is an issue, feel free to correct me - no
 network input necessary, you can simply download the original files.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7323#comment:4>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>