[FFmpeg-trac] #7323(undetermined:closed): aac decoder - file with errors in console (plays fine though) - Telekom 360° Apple HLS stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Jul 21 00:18:44 EEST 2018

#7323: aac decoder - file with errors in console (plays fine though) - Telekom
360° Apple HLS stream
             Reporter:  Djfe         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  worksforme
Analyzed by developer:  0            |               Blocked By:
                                     |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Djfe):

 Sry for not answering on that ticket, yet.
 I haven't managed to setup a build environment back then :/
 (crosscompilation etc.; I'm running Windows because installing Linux on my
 System failed back when I tried it, currently I can run Linux only in a
 VM)
 I can try compiling again (might take some time for me to figure out how).

 anyways, about this ticket:
 I see, so it's their fault.
 that reminds me of AVCHD on camcorders:
 They also split at fixed sizes, so that video and audio frames can end up
 spread over two segments.

 It's probably not following the spec, because it doesn't make sense for
 streaming (especially adaptive streaming) to split audio frames.
 They are the first HLS streams, I came across that even do it.

 Thx a lot for the tip with curl/wget.

 I mostly looked at the stream with ffmpeg, because I wanted to probe it.
 I then did a test download just for fun and to see whether there was
 something unknown in the container. There was something unknown, so I took
 a sample, because it looked like a bug/unimplemented feature.

 I got this in the older version I was using before doing the bug report
 (when saving as mkv), forgot to mention that.
 {{{
 [aac @ 0000023ddfa2f780] More than one AAC RDB per ADTS frame is not
 implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the
 problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not
 been implemented.
 [aac @ 0000023ddfa2f780] Sample rate index in program config element does
 not match the sample rate index configured by the container.
 [aac @ 0000023ddfa2f780] Inconsistent channel configuration.
 [aac @ 0000023ddfa2f780] get_buffer() failed
 [aac @ 0000023ddfa2f780] channel element 2.7 is not allocated
 }}}

 anyways thx for taking a look and finding this out :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7323#comment:6>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>