[FFmpeg-trac] #7055(undetermined:new): Using decimate allows EIA-608 captions to pass through to MP4 files even when the -sn option is used

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Mar 13 16:23:45 EET 2018

#7055: Using decimate allows EIA-608 captions to pass through to MP4 files even
when the -sn option is used
             Reporter:  navilor      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [ticket:7055 navilor]:
 > I have some MPEG-PS content that is behind NTSC hard telecine. As such I
 am using both yadif and decimate to remove that.
 Why? Do you believe it is a good idea to use a de-interlacer for the
 inverse telecine process? (It usually is not a good idea because it
 permanently damages your video while the inverse telecine process should
 be lossless.)
 You may or may not have found a bug but using a command line that never
 makes sense makes me wonder if there really is an issue.

 > And please simplify your command line: The -r option is wrong, others
 should be unneeded.
 Sorry for being unclear: If `-r` is needed (it should not but this likely
 an effect of using `decimate` incorrectly), the correct syntax would be
 `-r 24000/1001`.
 Please try to simplify the command line and please provide command line
 including complete, uncut console output to make this a valid ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7055#comment:8>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>