[FFmpeg-trac] #7085(undetermined:new): MP4 HLS produce wrong m3u8 with the _init in the first segment with wrong duration

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Mar 15 14:43:12 EET 2018

#7085: MP4 HLS produce wrong m3u8 with the _init in the first segment with wrong
duration
             Reporter:  loki5100     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by loki5100):

 then the resulting m3u8 is wrong because it's add the init.mp4 segment in
 the first segment like below :

 {{{
 #EXTM3U
 #EXT-X-VERSION:7
 #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:6
 #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:0
 #EXT-X-MAP:URI="C:\temp\ffmpeg\bbb.m4s",BYTERANGE="3688 at 0"
 #EXTINF:5.999610,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:3688 at 0
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:7948692 at 3688
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:-2932786 at 7952380
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:-1690139 at 5019594
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:-1355411 at 3329455
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:-1147050 at 1974044
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:3.999740,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:1131975 at 826994
 bbb.m4s
 #EXTINF:0.033331,
 #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:-1958593 at 1958969
 bbb.m4s
 #EXT-X-ENDLIST
 }}}

 and it's must be :

 {{{
[...]

 and after we discover that we miss 5.999610 (this is the duration that was
 set for the first segment that was the _init)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7085#comment:1>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>