[FFmpeg-trac] #7674(undetermined:reopened): ffmpeg with cuvid transcoding after version 3.4.1 work unstable on heavy load CUDA card

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Apr 25 15:52:28 EEST 2019

#7674: ffmpeg with cuvid transcoding after version 3.4.1 work unstable on heavy
load CUDA card
             Reporter:  maxfs79      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by malakudi):

 I have put some debug info to check what is going on when this code is
 executed. For every processed frame, code calls nvEncUnregisterResource.
 For my test example of 2984 frames, code is executed 2984 times.
 {{{
 /testnvidia4.sh 0 1
 [h264_nvenc @ 0x562ba7c98e80] DEBUG: Unmapped, need(?) to unregister
     Last message repeated 2983 times13568kB time=00:00:47.01
 bitrate=2364.1kbits/s speed=31.3x
 frame= 2984 fps=1542 q=27.0 Lsize=   18214kB time=00:01:01.56
 bitrate=2423.8kbits/s speed=31.8x
 }}}
 Obviously, when running multiple encodes, doing thousands calls of
 nvEncUnregisterResource creates the performance issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7674#comment:21>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>