[FFmpeg-trac] #7674(undetermined:reopened): ffmpeg with cuvid transcoding after version 3.4.1 work unstable on heavy load CUDA card

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 29 21:14:02 EEST 2019

#7674: ffmpeg with cuvid transcoding after version 3.4.1 work unstable on heavy
load CUDA card
             Reporter:  maxfs79      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by malakudi):

 Commit
 https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/commit/23ed147e8fc2b6b51a88af66b40f99049e5fa0d8
 fixes the issue. Thank you very much - although I feel a bit disappointed
 about the wording used in the commit description. This was not a "super
 rare edge case", it was a typical workload with many transcodes on
 multiple gpus. Original commit (which is now reverted) mentioned for a
 "blew up" which was never experienced. Original commit only made the code
 keep unregistering and registering on every processes frame. So I would
 expect a "sorry, we screwed up the code originally, so we are reverting
 now" and not trying to tell that this was a "super rare edge case".

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7674#comment:24>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>