[FFmpeg-trac] #7691(undetermined:new): GPU side format conversions working with MediaSDK and old i965 driver, fail with new iHD driver

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Feb 28 18:43:01 EET 2019

#7691: GPU side format conversions working with MediaSDK and old i965 driver, fail
with new iHD driver
             Reporter:  eero-t       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by eero-t):

 I just noticed that in the vaapi backend iHD driver case, instead of
 hwdownloading nv12 format, one could also remove the scale_vaapi stuff and
 it works.

 I.e. either format conversion, or scaling, but not both, are supported by
 FFmpeg with iHD vaapi driver, although doing both works with i965 vaapi
 driver (and when using iHD driver with MediaSDK sample_decode
 application).

 Removing scale_qsv doesn't help with FFmpeg QSV backend though, only nv12
 hwdownload works with that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7691#comment:4>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>