[FFmpeg-trac] #7691(undetermined:new): GPU side format conversions working with MediaSDK and old i965 driver, fail with new iHD driver

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Oct 22 16:16:20 EEST 2019

#7691: GPU side format conversions working with MediaSDK and old i965 driver, fail
with new iHD driver
             Reporter:  eero-t       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by eero-t):

 > You can list the format you need, then we can file a requirement to MSDK
 to ask to support it.

 IMHO it should support the same formats as VA-API and the old i965 driver,
 anything else would be a regression for a user switching between the
 drivers.

 Attached is a script testing format support for all three FFmpeg driver
 versions.

 Here is its abbreviated output for the old i965 driver in Ubuntu, and VA-
 API & QSV backends for last night git build of iHD / FFmpeg:
 {{{
         i965:   VA-API: QSV:    Format:
         -       O       -       0bgr
         -       O       -       0rgb
         -       X       -       abgr
         -       X       -       argb
         X       O       -       bgr0
         -       X       X       bgra
         -       O       -       gray
         X       X       X       nv12
         X       X       X       p010le
         X       X       -       rgb0
         -       X       -       rgba
         X       O       -       uyvy422 (iHD media-driver bug)
         -       O       -       yuv411p
         X       X       -       yuv420p
         -       X       -       yuv422p
         -       X       -       yuv440p
         -       O       -       yuv444p
         X       X       -       yuyv422
 }

 * X = format conversion before download
 * O = format conversion only after download
 * - = no support

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7691#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>