[FFmpeg-trac] #8602(build system:new): Can't compile following instructions: ERROR: freetype2 not found using pkg-config

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 6 18:19:46 EEST 2020

#8602: Can't compile following instructions: ERROR: freetype2 not found using pkg-
config
             Reporter:  php4fan      |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 Summary of the bug:
 How to reproduce:
 Follow the instructions at
 https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu

 I get this error:
 ERROR: freetype2 not found using pkg-config

 Either something is broken or the installation instructions are
 incomplete.

 (I'm selecting "build system" as the component. If something is missing
 from the above guide, then it should be "documentation")

 I already searched and found age-old threads mentioning the very same
 issuem, but they all claim it's fixed and no working solution is
 mentioned.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8602>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>