[FFmpeg-trac] #8747(swscale:closed): libswscale 4.3 crash if output buffer is not 16 bytes aligned for yuv2rgb conversion

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jul 15 01:04:56 EEST 2020

#8747: libswscale 4.3 crash if output buffer is not 16 bytes aligned for yuv2rgb
conversion
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  melanconj   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:10 melanconj]:
 > Replying to [comment:6 cehoyos]:
 > > Replying to [comment:3 melanconj]:
 > > > Apologies, I should have mentioned our real world use case in the
 report. We've noticed this regression when trying to integrate 4.3 in our
 application. Our test infrastructure has been crashing consistently with
 the new version. In our case, the application is a C# program doing
 interop into swscale.

 > > I suspect the problem is that FFmpeg offers C libraries and that there
 may be no system with SSSE3 support where your crash can be reproduced
 using libc's allocation functions. Since you are not using C, you may have
 to compile FFmpeg with --disable-ssse3.

 > I'm not sure I understand. The second sample I provided shows a small
 enough buffer will not be aligned.
 I was unable to find a 64bit system where a non-aligned buffer would be
 allocated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8747#comment:12>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>