[FFmpeg-trac] #8697(avformat:new): ffmpeg can't detect the language tag of mkv files after editing with mkvpropedit

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun May 31 17:58:50 EEST 2020

#8697: ffmpeg can't detect the language tag of mkv files after editing with
mkvpropedit
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  random404   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by mkver):

 * priority:  minor => normal
 * component:  avdevice => avformat

Comment:

 Related to #7549. In this ticket, a tag that is parsed later overwrites a
 part of the metadata that has already been set via non-tags (via the
 TrackEntry's Language element); in #7549, an edition tag called TITLE is
 treated as if it were a segment's title.

 Given that Matroska tags are supposed to be upper-case, one could
 distinguish the two by using AV_DICT_MATCH_CASE in both the demuxer as
 well as the muxer. But FFmpeg doesn't exist for Matroska alone and I don't
 know whether this might break anything. Most other demuxers use the key
 "title" for the title; only the mv demuxer seems to be setting "TITLE".
 Any title from mv would then be mapped to a tag which doesn't seem
 intended.
 [https://github.com/mkver/FFmpeg/commit/1ea1c57114855e651d005288dfeb884b60c29fa4
 My patch based upon this] furthermore needs to change ff_metadata_conv
 slightly. I don't think that this will break anything though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8697#comment:4>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>