[FFmpeg-trac] #7927(undetermined:reopened): Video copy from mkv to mp4 causes variable frame rate from constant frame rate

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Apr 1 04:18:29 EEST 2021

#7927: Video copy from mkv to mp4 causes variable frame rate from constant frame
rate
             Reporter:  madsfoto     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by Balling):

 Replying to [comment:10 madsfoto]:
 > I'm the original author :) And yes, that's what a Nikon D600 produces.
 Why? No clue.

 Because ITU-R BT.470-6 System M is ideal 2.2000 gamma, I suppose. While
 sRGB is piece wise with 2.4 that gives almost 2.2 and BT.709 is more like
 1.9 gamma with needed BT.1886 correction. Even Adobe RGB 1998 transfer is
 563/256, or 2.19921875, not perfect 2.2.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7927#comment:11>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>