[FFmpeg-trac] #9200(undetermined:new): drawtext issue when apply hindi language font file or other language font file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 26 09:36:27 EEST 2021

#9200: drawtext issue when apply hindi language font file or other language font
file
             Reporter:  jaydip       |                    Owner:  (none)
  nathani                            |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Changes (by Carl Eugen Hoyos):

 * priority:  critical => normal
 * component:  ffmpeg => undetermined

Old description:

> We are trying to use ffmpeg drawtext to support hindi fonts. but some
> characters are not rendering properly.
>
> Used Hindi Language Font file :-https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Khula
>
> {{{
> ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4 -i image.png -filter_complex
> [0:v][1:v]overlay=5:5,drawtext=text=hindi.txt:fontfile=Khula-
> Regular.ttf:fontcolor=orange at 1.0:fontsize=30:x=30:y=200 -c:a copy
> output.mp4
> }}}
>
> Input string :- जिन्दगी सिर्फ हकीक़त है हकीक़त समझो,
>
> But output renders as
> [[Image(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZjZQB4Hq0Xxfrjjp1EC60e3tHhmw353X/view)]]

New description:

Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9200#comment:1>