[FFmpeg-trac] #9146(undetermined:new): ffmpeg gives different value of color_trc if video stream contains an atc sei for mp4 and ts file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Mar 22 11:49:24 EET 2021

#9146: ffmpeg gives different value of color_trc if video stream contains an atc
sei for mp4 and ts file
             Reporter:  a1q123456    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by a1q123456):

 Replying to [comment:2 cehoyos]:
 > Are you reporting an issue with the mpegts muxer?

 I don't think it is mpegts muxer's issue, the code overrides
 avctx->color_trc is from function export_stream_params(HEVCContext *s,
 const HEVCSPS *sps) in hevcdec.c. Maybe just remove the following codes
 from hevcdec.c?

 %
      if (s->sei.alternative_transfer.present &&
 av_color_transfer_name(s->sei.alternative_transfer.preferred_transfer_characteristics)
 &&
         s->sei.alternative_transfer.preferred_transfer_characteristics !=
 AVCOL_TRC_UNSPECIFIED) {
         avctx->color_trc =
 s->sei.alternative_transfer.preferred_transfer_characteristics;
     }
 %

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9146#comment:4>