[FFmpeg-trac] #9260(undetermined:new): avcodec_open2 fails for raw video (AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO) in 32-bit ffmpeg DLL

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon May 24 21:47:54 EEST 2021

#9260: avcodec_open2 fails for raw video (AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO) in 32-bit ffmpeg
DLL
             Reporter:  Thomas       |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 I think I've found a problem in the 32-bit DLL of ffmpeg v4.3.1 (the same
 code works perfectly fine with the 64-bit DLL of ffmpeg v4.3.1).

 I am trying to create an .avi file with uncompressed video frames
 (AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO)

 but avcodec_find_encoder cannot find the encoder

 ret = avcodec_open2(c, codec, &opt);

 returns "codec" with the following fields:

         codec.name = "mpeg4"
         codec.long_name = "MPEG-4 part 2"
         codec.id = AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO

 I have the same problem with and without adding an audio stream.
 Again, the problem does not appear with the 64-bit DLL of ffmpeg v4.3.1
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9260>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>