[FFmpeg-trac] #9482(avdevice:closed): digital clock in systray won't be captured properly with compiz window manager in Ubuntu 20.04 Mate Desktop

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Nov 23 19:03:09 EET 2021

#9482: digital clock in systray won't be captured properly with compiz window
manager in Ubuntu 20.04 Mate Desktop
             Reporter:  Atilla       |                    Owner:  (none)
  Karaca                             |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Changes (by Atilla Karaca):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => needs_more_info

Comment:

 I had  /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel_flicker_fix.conf file with the
 following content:

 {{{
 Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
   Driver      "intel"
   Option      "AccelMethod"  "sna"
   Option      "TearFree"     "true"
   Option      "DRI"    "3"
 EndSection

 }}}

 I replaced `  Option      "DRI"    "3"` with `  Option      "DRI"    "2"`
 and created a ~/.drirc with the following content:

 {{{
 <device screen="0" driver="dri2">
         <application name="Default">
                 <option name="vblank_mode" value="0"/>