[FFmpeg-trac] #9811(avfilter:new): filter 'zscale=transfer=linear' fails with "code 2050: active window must be positive"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jun 14 17:09:45 EEST 2022

#9811: filter 'zscale=transfer=linear' fails with "code 2050: active window must
be positive"
             Reporter:  rminnema     |                    Owner:  (none)
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Comment (by bokeron2020):

 Replying to [comment:5 Balling]:
 > >It only happens in my modified Windows. In a vanilla one no error is
 thrown.

 > Use windows 11.

 So if you were a doctor and my leg hurt would you solve the problem
 telling me to walk on my arms instead????

 I've started my post saying the issue only appears in a modified
 ['''slimmed down'''] W10 install, only in these files so far, and only
 with versions from around middle of May. Previous versions do work
 flawlessly.

 [Sample now provided above, by the way, which will zscale=size=... surely
 OK for most people]

 So, I assume recent changes in zimg are needing something in Windows that
 didn't require before. '''This might be intended or not''', and I
 commented to add my experience to what ''seemed'' a related problem thus
 maybe providing a hint on something problematic going on with that
 library.

 In my own case, I would be happy enough if someone could explain what's
 changed in new versions from the middle of May, and what does it now needs
 from Windows that didn't need before.

 I don't know if my modified OS install is revealing a latent bug or if
 it's just a problem with my slimmed down install.

 In any case, I would believe that looking into what's at the root of my
 problem, and finding if it's related somehow to what rminnema is
 reporting, would be a better way of approaching a report than just telling
 me to change OS.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9811#comment:8>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>