[FFmpeg-trac] #10444(ffmpeg:new): Please implement VAAPI encoding enhancement for AMD / radeonsi (from MESA 22.3)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 20 17:08:41 EEST 2023

#10444: Please implement VAAPI encoding enhancement for AMD / radeonsi (from MESA
22.3)
             Reporter:  Robert       |                    Owner:  (none)
  Horstmann                          |
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Comment (by Robert Horstmann):

 I did a little bit of "trial and error" testing.

 -compression_level 15 produces proper output, and encoding is slower than
 usual.
 Subjective visual quality is slighty better, so I guess it actually
 toggles the quality parameters when using vaapi
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10444#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>