[FFmpeg-user] SIGSEGV when streaming to FFserver

Maxime Poulin maxpoulin64 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:13:52 CEST 2011

(This is my first message to any of the ffmpeg's mailing lists, please
correct me if I'm doing wrong!)

Hi,

I compiled FFmpeg a few times this week, trying to get it stream to
FFserver, without any success. FFmpeg crashes as soon as it starts
sending data to the server (which always receive 4149 bytes of data
before the client crashes).

I am using the latest Git version as of now (git-N-28846-g02fd687)
compiled using these instructions:

This configuration worked before, but I changed my server and now my
computer too, so I had to recompile FFmpeg on both of them. The server
looks to work fine, and the local FFmpeg too. I can encode anything to
anything, it works. But as soon as I try to send the data to FFserver,
either on my local PC or on my server, I get a Segmentation Fault.

Here is the command I launch, which worked without problems before:

$ ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 60 -s 1920x1080 -i :0 -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse
http://server:8090/video0.ffm

As I said, I tried to update it and compile it a few times, but I didn't
have any success, so I'm posting here next to the advice of someone on
the IRC channel.

I attached a gdb log (223 lines), as indicated on the bug report page of
the site.

Thanks in advance!