[FFmpeg-user] AVFrame extend life beyond next call to avcodec_decode_video2

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:34:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Robert Nagy <ronag89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well the point of this is to avoid making an unnecessary copy.

As I already noticed decoder can reuse the same buffer for next frames
so the only way to get control of this - to create buffers for decoder by
yourself
(and create several such buffers to switch between them).
But decoding maybe much more complicated than you think.

However I didn't find the way for that in current API (only in encoding you
can provide your own frames).
Maybe you will be more lucky but in general I recommend you just do copy if
you really need it ;)