[FFmpeg-user] distortive video effects

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sat Aug 6 12:57:25 CEST 2011

On date Friday 2011-08-05 09:59:50 -0700, cameron encoded:
> hi,
>
> i'm looking for some filters which can be used to distort a source video to
> produce some 'funky' effects. i've created some mirror effects using
> transpose filter, and can get greyscale through applying formats, but are
> there any other filters or configurations which produce distortive, yet
> appealing effects?
>
> I was thinking of creating half tone, sepia or swapping the color channels
> but it would seem i need to use eq2 fin mencoder for these types of color
> manipulations? is there anything like this possible from ffmpegs filters?

As mentioned, the frei0r filter allows to access all the frei0r
effects, and many Mplayer/mencoder filters are available through the
mp wrapper.

And I'd be glad to help someone porting more filters (e.g. from
virtualdub/effectv).

> i was also looking at creating a 'pixelated' effect, but it would need to be
> relatively clean, not so much as a result of lossy processing, is this
> possible?

Maybe -vf frei0r=pixeliz0r?