[FFmpeg-user] Using video card chipset to encode.

tonykhlo mandycyiu at yahoo.com.hk
Mon Aug 8 21:15:55 CEST 2011

Dear experts,

I am working on a project to add video watermark to mpeg2 videos.  I am
using window server 2008 x64 and E3-12XX CPU.  The watermark need to be
moving text and png.  I am using old version of ffmpeg with vhook to do
that.  Since I need to do them in volume.  Each video need to have the name
of the customer watermarked on it.  So one video with have more than 1000
copies with different watermark on them.  The ffmpeg vhook solution is
working but I am looking for faster solution.

1) Is there anyway to do video watermark with newer version of ffmpeg (at
least multi-threade)?  vhook is not supported in the new ffmpeg release.  I
am stuck here withthe old version.
2) Is there anyone who can offer me a solution and even better if CUDA can
be incorporated.  Or anyone know how to use Intel ipp with ffmpeg?

I am willing to pay for either of both of the above a solution.

Please point me out which direction to find such experts.

thanks