[FFmpeg-user] Syntax problems with different versions of FFmpeg

PyProg PyProg pyprog05 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:33:05 CEST 2011

2011/8/13 James Lu <luj125 at gmail.com>:

> Hi Pyprog

Hi James,

> -padleft etc. options are deprecated
> Use -vf pad=width:height:x:y:color as in libav doc found here:
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavfilter.html#SEC39
>
> Check the documentation; yes it's not maintained well but even it says that
> the -padetc. options are deprecated :P
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks for your answer, it helped me. I found a part of the solution
(but I have another question, see below).

That's what I do: in fact the source video is 384x320 (bands will be
208 pixels on the left side and 208 pixels on the right side, I want
the video final in 1280x720 [with the bands], the video will be
resized to 864x720 before):

... -s 864x720 -aspect 16:9 -vf pad=1280:720:208:0:blue ...

... but how to ensure that the color bands is defined by hex color or
rgb color ? (with the syntax: -padcolor hexColor it was nice !).

In fact it's a feature I added in EKD (EnKoDeur Mixer) software that I
created in late 2004 and I develop.

In relation to this, see this (sorry it's in French):

http://ekdm.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/possibilites-etendues-pour-le-filtre-video-ajout-de-bandes-exterieures

... the interface is defined by spin colors ... that's why the old
syntax with a hexadecimal color was convenient.

> ~James

a+

--
http://ekd.tuxfamily.org