[FFmpeg-user] Default audio bitrate changed?

Lucien Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:06:15 CET 2011

Also sprach Carl Eugen Hoyos at 11/30/11 3:10 AM:
> Lucien Pullen <drurowin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The manual states that the default audio bitrate is 64k. However, it
>> seems to have changed to 128k silently. Is this change going to stick
>> (should the manual be updated), or is this just temporary?
>
> The default bitrate has changed, could you point me to the outdated
> documentation?

in doc/ffmpeg.texi
   in @chapter Description

There is an example:

To set the video bitrate of the output file to 64kbit/s:
@example
ffmpeg -i input.avi -b:v 64k output.avi
@end example

However, nowhere in the file does it explain how the -b flag works. I
assume from the example that functionality looks like
``-b:[av] BITRATE''.

The -ab flag has been removed from the documentation.