[FFmpeg-user] Linking help?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:50:17 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Nathan <nathan.stocks <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I actually did look for it, but --disable-symver doesn't exist in the
>> (old) version of FFmpeg I'm targeting for this release (it is FFmpeg
>> subversion revision 25864 from last December).
>
> Please note that apart from being ancient (and missing many useful features),
> this version contains several hundred bugs (including regressions) that were
> fixed since, some of them security relevant (a known exploit for such old
> versions exists).
> Please use 0.7.8 (or release/oldabi) if you cannot use current git head due to
> the API change. If you find compatibility issues with oldabi / 0.7, we will be
> happy to fix them.

Understood and agreed.  The version I'm updating from is using FFmpeg
from 3 years ago.  Since I had to learn the project as I went, it was
easier to make a release with a 1-year-old FFmpeg first.  It shouldn't
take very long until I am able to put together the next release, which
will (hopefully) target a completely up-to-date version.

~ Nathan