[FFmpeg-user] avcodec-53.dll invalid or corrupt

Ramkumar Sivaraman (Table Master) rsivaraman at shufflemaster.com
Fri Dec 9 19:31:05 CET 2011

Hello
I am brand new to using ffmpeg. I am trying to build ffmpeg libraries using mingw/msys as I am trying to use those libraries in my vc++ 2008 project. I followed the instruction listed in the ffmpeg documentation http://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html#Using-static-libraries
To build shared libraries. When I try to use in my vc++ project., first it said, it could not locate avcodec-53.dll. Then I mentioned this dll under project properties->linker->input->additional dependencies. Now it says 'avocodec-53.dll is invalid or corrupt'. Can you please help me out in this? I am not much familiar with linux. I used 'output-example.c' for my vc++ win32 console project.
Also I don't know how to use this line mentioned in the document,

extern __declspec(dllimport) const AVPixFmtDescriptor av_pix_fmt_descriptors[];

I also created  'import libraries that work with the /OPT:REF option' as mentioned in the document.

One thing  I noticed was, when I issued ' ./configure -enable shared -disable-yasm'  command, msys executed but with a warning saying, 'pkg-config not found, library detection may fail.'

Thanks in advance

Ramkumar Sivaraman | Engineer | SHUFFLE MASTER, INC. | Main +1 702 897 7150 | Direct +1 702 432 4569

Follow Us:      [Shuffle Master on Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/#!/shufflemaster>   [Shuffle Master IR News on Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/#!/SHFL_News>       [Shuffle Master on Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/shufflemaster> [Shuffle Master on Flickr]
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflemaster/>   [Shuffle Master on Youtube]
<http://www.youtube.com/shufflemaster>  [Shuffle Master on Foursquare]
<http://foursquare.com/shufflemaster>   [Shuffle Master on Linkedin]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/shuffle-master>

Internet Confidentiality Statement

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.