[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg issue

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 11 04:56:08 CET 2011

> VLC runs fine, and plays a large variety of media, but will only play
> unencrypted DVDs.

The version of VLC I can get from videolan, for windows, plays DVDs out of
the box, including DVDs not of the region for which the drive is set up.
To achieve this it must come with the ability to defeat CSS.

Why do these thorny legal issues only apply to Linux?

My assumption is that it only applies to linux because the people who
write this stuff are much more interested in making a ridiculous political
point than they are in producing software that does useful work.