[FFmpeg-user] media files metadata ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:07:57 CET 2011

~
 if you use ffprobe's options such as "-show_streams" or "-show_format"
~
 ffprobe -unit -show_streams -show_format -loglevel verbose <media_file>
~
 you may get some metadata from the particular file
~
 Is there a catch all option to get all the metadata at once,
including the metadata you would get from the AVFormatContext
AVOptions?
~
 Also, and since ffmpeg uses ffprobe underneath for that, I am not
sure if my question makes sense or my confusion may relate to my
(poor) understanding of the (poor, also?) documentation; what utility
dumps more metadata from a media file? ffprobe or ffmpeg?
~
 http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Metadata
~
 thanks