[FFmpeg-user] How can I convert an mp4 file to a Quicktime file to edit in Final Cut Pro?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Dec 14 23:38:34 CET 2011

Andy Benning <Andy.Benning <at> pharos.tv> writes:

> Hi need some help converting an mp4 I've downloaded from
> http://www.sintel.org/download.
> I've used mediainfo to read the source and destination file wrappers and
> codecs.

It is nearly never helpful to post mediainfo output, please always post
complete, uncut output of your FFmpeg command line.

[...]

> ffmpeg -y -pix_fmt uyvy422 -f rawvideo -s 720x608 -i sintel_trailer-480p.mp4
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^

This (input format rawvideo) contradicts the mediainfo output below that says
isom...

> -vcodec mpeg2video -r 25 -pix_fmt yuv422p -minrate 30000k -maxrate 30000k
> -b 30000k -intra -flags +ildct+low_delay -dc 10 -flags2 +ivlc+non_linear_q
> -ps 1 -qmin 1 -qmax 3 -top 1 -bufsize 1200000 -rc_init_occupancy 1200000
> -rc_buf_aggressivity 0.25 -an sintel_trailer-480p.m2v

> 1.       Input file format
> General
> Complete name                    : sintel-2048-stereo.mp4
> Format                           : MPEG-4
> Format profile                   : Base Media
> Codec ID                         : isom

[...]

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the
> individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Since you are posting to a public mailing list, please remove this from your
mails,

Carl Eugen