[FFmpeg-user] Timecode in DV muxer

Tim Nicholson tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 15:52:04 CET 2011

On 15/12/11 12:39, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:27:01PM +0000, Tim Nicholson wrote:
>> I have been trying to add timecode to.dv files as the feature was
>> introduced back in July, with ffprobe reporting introduced last
>> month.
>>
>> However I cannot seen to get the timecode added to the .dv files, or
>> at least its not reported by ffprobe.
>>

> The DV demuxer doesn't export a metadata for the timecode yet, like does
> the GXF one for instance. You might want to open a feature request on the
> trac for this.

OK, thanks Clément. I thought you would have the answer...

Looking at the patch to fffprobe, it looks like it should always output
"timcecode xxxxx" where xxxx is N/A when its not available. Or does it
only do this for muxers it is aware support timecode? (I tried with mpeg
but saw nothing).

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/