[FFmpeg-user] Timecode in DV muxer

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu Dec 15 21:40:27 CET 2011

Dave Rice wrote:
> ffmpeg and ffmbc don't display timecode from the subcode area of an input DV file. This was added to mediainfo a few years ago though, but it would be great to see in ffmpeg
@Dave: As DV-Analyzer [2] uses Mediainfo [3], are you familiar with its
code?
Do you think it would be possible to reuse its implementation for
porting it to ffmpeg/ffmbc?

> afaik, the only tool to parse dv error concealment data is dvanalyzer, http://mediaarea.net/en/AVPS_DV_Analyzer/Download/. If I had to start that development project from the beginning again I would have probably tried to make a version of it as a patch to libavfilter

I just wanted to look at DV-Analyzer's code, but unfortunately all links
to the source seem to be down [1]:
"The requested URL
/binary/dvanalyzer-gui/1.4.0/AVPS_DV_Analyzer_GUI_1.4.0_GNU_FromSource.tar.bz2
was not found on this server."

Regards,
Pb