[FFmpeg-user] How to make AVI files from LG RH7500 recordingwhich will play on it?

Mark Vos mccmvos at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 21 14:15:29 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] How to make AVI files from LG RH7500
recordingwhich will play on it?

> Mark Vos <mccmvos <at> xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg -i VTS_01_1.VOB -f avi -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag DIVX -b 1800K -flags
>> +ilme+ildct -s 640x572 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128K test6.avi
>
> Does it work without -flags +ilme+ildct?
> Did you try lower bitrates?

Yes, I took care to stay under 720x576 as stated in my user manual notes,
posted in my initial message.
But I'm at a total loss about all the other ffmpeg parameters. Though they
are mentioned in the help, they are not really explained what they are used
for and when to use or not to use them.
Isn't there some example command line ensuring maxumum hardware
compatibility?

One other hint, I remember getting an avi file called "delete.avi" made by
ffmpeg. No idea where it came from, I hadn't used that name. For testing I
had it also copied to DVD. When I tried playing it, it worked... and even
kept playing, but it was without sound. I think I still have it on the other
PC.

regards,

|\  /|
| \/ |@rk