[FFmpeg-user] Capturing from DVB-T card

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Dec 21 21:36:37 CET 2011

Am Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:27:30 -0500
schrieb Matthew Morgan <lytithwyn at gmail.com>:

> Have you tried using v4l2-ctl to set the input?  That program usually
> comes with ivtv-tools (or a similarly named package on your distro).
> That's what I use to control the input source on my Asus PVR-450
> which also has a cx88 chipset.  I'm doing captures directly from the
> mpeg encoder using `cat /dev/video0 > myvideo.mpg`, but I think it
> should still apply to using ffmpeg as well.

I haven't tried it, yet. But this doesn't work, too.

With "v4l2-ctl -s 3" I can permanently set the video standard to PAL. If
I set the video input to 1 (Composite) with "v4l2-ctl -i 1" and run
"v4l2-ctl -I" it still says "1 (Composite: ok)". But if I run ffmpeg
afterwards I get a black picture again and "v4l2-ctl -I" says "0 (DVB:
ok)" again. It doesn't matter if I run v4l2-ctl as unprivileged user or
as root.

Heiko