[FFmpeg-user] Library Specific Options

Kyle kshawkeye at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:57:08 CEST 2011

To my knowledge FFmpeg does not support passing specific options to the
library being used.

I believe this would be a handy feature, and not impossibly difficult to
implement.

An example of this would be with the package LAME, FFmpeg obviously
supports encoding with the LAME library package, but to my knowledge
does not support specific features that LAME supplies.

This is a example of how the features I'm describing could possibly work:
ffmpeg -i "infile.mpg" -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame
-alib_options="--noreplaygain" -ab 192k "outfile.mp4"

Then FFmpeg would simply pass all "-alib_options" to the audio codec
library, allowing for all features that the library being used has to offer.

This is just a possible "feature request" and I apologize if this
feature already exists.

If this feature does not exists I could really see some useful functions
for it if it was to be implemented.

Best regards
   Kyle Schwarz