[FFmpeg-user] Library Specific Options

Kyle kshawkeye at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:39:22 CEST 2011

On 7/3/2011 11:24 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Since a few months FFmpeg supports private options, that is options
> which are specific of the codec/format selected. For example now
> libx264 has an -x264opts which allows to specify options processed
> directly by libx264.

Thank you, I was unaware of that.

> Which options do you want to see implemented?

I think it would be helpful to be able to pass any option directly to
the encoding library, allowing for all functions of that library to be
taken advantage of.

If it is already implemented in FFmpeg for x264 perhaps it wouldn't be
very difficult to allow commands to be passed to any library?

Best regards
   Kyle Schwarz