[FFmpeg-user] Interlaced avi h264 to mp4

HallMarc Websites marc at hallmarcwebsites.com
Fri Jul 15 18:13:38 CEST 2011

NOTE: The settings you see below are the same settings I am attempting
translate for use with ffmpeg on my server.
This is my current command line:
ffmpeg -i INPUT_FILE -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -b 864k -acodec libfaac -s
480x320 -aspect 3:2 -qscale 1 -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 96k -async 1
OUTPUT_FILE.mp4

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Follow these steps to encode video for all platforms (as of 10/2010) and a
lot of the settings are your choice and depend the input file and what you
are trying to reach. These settings were used to put out small, yet hi
quality videos and they worked for desktop browsers and the main mobile
devices, Android 1.5 - 2.1u1, iPhone 3 & 4, iPad 1 & 2. I don't have access
to other BB, Symbian, pre-smartphone or Windows Mobile devices to check if
they accept my videos or not.

1) Select output container = mp4
2) Select the output video codec = h/264/avc
3) Select the output audio codec = AAC LC

VIDEO SETTINGS SECTION:

4) Video size = 480:320
5) Aspect = 3:2
6) Frame/Sec = 25