[FFmpeg-user] multi encoding

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 27 01:21:24 CEST 2011

OK i have a problem with live encoding to 2 bitrates at the same time. Im trying to get HLS working and have a seperate program that does the segmenting of the stream into the HLS streams.

So i have my ffmpeg taking in a live stream and encoding to h264 and aac and creating 2 streams, these are streamed over udp and on another machine i take in the 2 streams and chop them up into segments, the reason for this is I need the PTSs to be the same for each segment, and also i need the 2 seperate streams for another reason.

Now the problem is that when i run my segmenter, which runs the segmented code in 2 seperate pthread tasks i get a crash which ALWAYS says

[mpegts @ xxxxx] aac bitstream not in adts format and extradata missing

Now ive added in the av_lock_manager so as stop the errors on av_open, but i dont see anymore lock calls once the stream has been opened..
Now ive checked the segmenter and there are no global variables used within it, all of the tables, structures are either local or in a big structure, so this is not the cause.

So has anybody run into this, or even validated that ffmpeg can output 2 streams at once.

joolz