[FFmpeg-user] How to record video and audio from webcam and microphone

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Mon Jun 13 23:53:24 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-06-13 14:19:59 -0700, Kale Yang encoded:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am new in ffmpeg. But, getting a project to use ffmpeg to capture
> MP4 video AAC audio from external webcam and microphone.  I
> downloaded win32 built version and used command lines to testing
> result: The video format is correct but there is no sound track in
> output file.  Some people said on Windows, audio part can NOT be
> captured by ffmpeg. Is that correct? Or do you know any other
> solution to record MP4/AAC from external devices?  Many thanks

You can find a recent patch for an Openal input device on the
ffmpeg-devel ML which should allow audio capture in Windows, hopefully
it will be applied soon, in the meanwhile you could test it and report
if it works for you.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #12
One minute of video noise with ffmpeg: