[FFmpeg-user] libx264 options through FFmpeg

Tim Nicholson tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 17:55:18 CEST 2011

On 30/06/11 16:39, Thomas Worth wrote:
> [...]
>>
>>> I just saw your email about parameters that don't take values, and
>>> you're correct. tff=1 or aud=1 or 8x8dct=0 is the way you turn them on
>>> or off.
>>>

>> Or not quite as it happens.
>>
>> if you set :fake-interlaced=1: the x264 header showing the set parameters
>> reports "interlaced=fake".
>>
>> However if you set tff=1 or bff=1 you get "interlaced=0" suggesting that
>> these are not working.
>>
>> btw I see there is now a "bluray-compat" switch that saves having to
>> explicitly specify a number of others, such as nal_hrd and b_pyramid.
>
> Did you check libx264's output in the terminal during encoding? It
> should show you a transcript of all of the settings passed. That's how
> I was able to confirm the "param=1" trick. I'll go back and test it
> and see if it's choking on options that use hyphens.

Yes, that's how I worked it out too and what I meant by "x264 header..."
above. But its not "fake-interlaced" that is failing, that works OK, its
the other two that seem not to be.

> I noticed the bluray option as well. Is there documentation that shows
> exactly what it sets?

Well I updated my parameters based on www.x264bluray.com's update and
compared the other options that were no longer required and saw that
they were still set according to the x264 terminal cruft.

--fullhelp just says:-

--bluray-compat         Enable compatibility hacks for Blu-ray support

_
--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/