[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg produces m4a files that won't play on 2nd generaton iPod Shuffle Model A1204.

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:41:53 CEST 2011

I was away :)
Can you please try with the attached patch ?

patch -p1 <

or git-apply

Hi Baptiste
I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know how to use those git patch commands.
But I will study the subject later. ;-)

I found file 'movenc.c' inside the ffmpeg\libavformat folder and changed line 250.
From:-
int i= descrLength(size) - size - 2;

To:-
int i= 3;

then saved.

Then I compiled ffmpeg.

The patch works OK!!

When I've converted a file using command:-
ffmpeg -i foo -acodec libfaac foo.m4a
The file plays in the iPod Shuffle without needing to change tags with EasyTAG.
It is here:- http://www.mediafire.com/?vygjrnl4i016mi6

Thanks very much.
You're a star.

One question -
Will you incorporate this patch into the git, or will I need to apply it myself each time I compile ffmpeg?