[FFmpeg-user] Copyright issues iFFmpeg

Johannes Frotscher jfrotscher at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:16:53 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I was just checking whether the team is aware that someone is
corrupting the GPL and selling this software for profit of $10, $15
$23.32:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35846/iffmpeg
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8988/ffmpegx
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21888/visualhub

According to copyright law, if a software uses another backend
software, and it makes up the main part of the software in order to
function, that software cannot be incorporated without prior consent
to the originators of the backend license agreement.

They have been doing that for quite sometime, some as far as almost 10
years. And I don't understand why nothing happened over these years.
Plus what is the Hall of Shame for on the ffmpeg website?

Yours Jack