[FFmpeg-user] Copyright issues iFFmpeg

Johannes Frotscher jfrotscher at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:57:25 CEST 2011

I do not have a problem, it is not my development work of decades
getting sold out for nothing, I do not care much just as to inform you
what illegal practices are going on.
A mere GUI for a solid program it is, precisely the point, you cannot
sell software which uses the main functionality of another software
and effectively braking the license agreement and copyright
originator. It is therefore an infringement and making money of it,
the GNU and EEF foundations would not be very pleased with it.

I thought FFmpeg was OpenSource, but what do I care, do what you want,
I have no problem. Its yours to do what ever you want with it.

Bye