[FFmpeg-user] problem converting and combining these FLV files

phil curb jswordtestem at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 8 17:24:32 CEST 2011

Thanks, so

copy /B Karateka.mpg+Karateka2.mpg
ffmpeg -i Karateka.mpg -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq whole.mpg

That did it.

But

Howcome this one combines no problem, with copy /b or cat. Without any remux necessary
http://www.berkut13.com/videos/brakeup.mpg

It suggests to me that Karateka.flv is not being correctly converted to mpg, so the mpegs themselves are a bit odd hence not combining normally. But what's up with them?

Am 08.05.2011 02:08, schrieb phil curb:
> I have this file, i'm trying to combine it with a copy of itself.
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/dkg3rz
>
> But the result while being twice as big, is the same duration.
>
> C:\blah>dir
> Karateka.flv        (399,375)
>
> I want to create one big file that is 2 of them combined.
>
> So I convert the flv to mpg which one can combine with copy /B
>
> ffmpeg -i Karateka.flv -sameq Karateka.mpg

Hello,

I did the same on a linux system and while just copying I had similar
issues. In my case it helped to do a remux with ffmpeg of the combined
file with this command:

|cat video1.mxf video2.mxf | ffmpeg -i - -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg2video
-b 5M whole.mpg

|||This is how it worked on Ubuntu, on a windows set-up you might
replace 'cat' with you copy-routine.
The '-' as input tells ffmpeg to use the cat-merged file as input. This
command is explained on ffmbc.wordpress.com

greetings,