[FFmpeg-user] flag YUV input as interlaced

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sat May 14 19:46:54 CEST 2011

On date Saturday 2011-05-14 18:20:02 +0100, Mark Himsley encoded:
> On 14/05/2011 10:26, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Thursday 2011-05-12 17:07:09 +0100, Mark Himsley encoded:
> > [...]
> >> Anyway...
> >>
> >> What I need is a way to flag rawvideo media when its used as an
> >> input into ffmpeg. Anyone?
> >
> > Mark, did you try with -top?
>
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Yes. Sorry, I should have said that -top was my first guess, but your
> showinfo filter says the rawvideo file is flagged as progressive when I
> have -top 1 in the input files settings.

Yes, check ffmpeg.c:do_video_out, top_field_first is used for setting
the field type *just before encoding*.

I wonder what could be a better approach, maybe we could implement a
setprops filter for changing the properties of the video in the
filterchain, and drop -top from ffmpeg.c.

What do you think of this idea?
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #12
One minute of video noise with ffmpeg: