[FFmpeg-user] Need Help in Stripping Down ffmpeg.c transcode
adi235 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:14:39 CEST 2011
for a simple video format conversion.
1 If i input a video file. the parse_options function takes the
arguments translates and assigns the video encode values
2. the parse_option function calls and initializes the video output -
3. the parse_options function calls and initializes the audio output
4. the transcoding function is called which takes in the arguments got
by the parsed_options function.
5. the trans coding function does a whole lot of processing with
error checks ---- some of which might not be needed for basic transcode.
6. output_packet is called at
/* at the end of stream, we must flush the decoder buffers */
7. from the out_packet the data is written to the file.
The the areas where i see the reduction of code is the input options. if i
preset them and initialize the output/codec/streams
the transcoding if limited to just video transcoding - not considering the
subtitles or error checks..
How do i simplify the ffmpeg.c can any one help me do this?
More information about the ffmpeg-user