[FFmpeg-user] Enabling filters from the directory ./libavfilter/libmpcodecs

Peter Bašista pbasista at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:48:28 CEST 2011

I would like to post an update.

I did not know that remove_logo filter is in fact not a regular
filter, but a wrapped filter. It is wrapped by "regular metafilter"
mp. Thanks, Stefano, for pointing that out.

Considering this, I thought that changing the command from:
1) "-vf remove_logo=logo.ppm"
2) "-vf mp=remove_logo:logo.pgm"

will surely help. But I was, unfortunately, wrong. The only thing that
has changed is the error message:

With (1) it says:

No such filter: 'remove_logo'

And with (2) it says:

Unknown filter remove_logo
Error initializing filter 'mp' with args 'remove_logo:logo.pgm'

So, it is still not working. Some other filters, however, started to
work this way. For example, now I can use:

"-vf mp=rotate:90"

But I still can not use remove_logo, despite the file
'libavfilter/libmpcodecs/vf_remove_logo.c' is successfully compiled.

Peter Basista