[FFmpeg-user] Enabling filters from the directory ./libavfilter/libmpcodecs

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Wed May 25 18:39:48 CEST 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-05-25 18:07:00 +0200, Peter Bašista encoded:
> All right, I am closing this thread.
>
> The problem was in the documentation. The filter remove_logo, as
> documented here:
>
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/vf__remove__logo_8c.html
>
> actually needs to be called "remove-logo", with a dash, not with an underscore.

Yes, fixed.

> So, If I use "-vf mp=remove-logo:logo.pgm" then ffmpeg finally does
> not complain about the nonexisting filter.
>
> However, there is another problem:
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> No error, no nothing, just this. I don't know what could have caused
> it, but I will leave it as is for a while and maybe later start
> another thread about it.

Yes the filter is broken, maybe we should fix or drop it, or even
better port it to libavfilter. File a feature request if you want
that, so this won't be discarded.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #0
Please try to use a reasonably recent version of ffmpeg before asking