[FFmpeg-user] Can FFMPEG output multiple files with one command runs?

Zhen Ma alex.zhen.ma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:47:08 CET 2011

Thanks Robert !  It works like your mentioned.  But It turns out another
problem for me .  I am trying to do the 2pass encoding.  So the first
multiple line encoding command would be like that:

ffmpeg -y -i youtube_480.flv -pass 1 -stats 1 -f mp4 -s 864x480 -aspect 1.8
-r 25 -threads 0 -vcodec libx264 -b 600k -maxrate 600k -fpre
presets/main.ffpreset -an /dev/null -pass 1 -stats 2 -f mp4 -s 432x240
-aspect 1.8 -r 25 -threads 0 -vcodec libx264 -b 300k -maxrate 300k -fpre
presets/baseline.ffpreset -an /dev/null -pass 1 -stats 3  -f mp4 -s 320x180
-aspect 1.8 -r 25 -threads 0 -vcodec libx264 -b 200k -maxrate 200k -fpre
presets/baseline.ffpreset -an /dev/null

But the problem is the x264_2pass.log which was generated with first pass
of first sub-command was overwirtten by the second and third sub-command.
I was trying to find the way to specify the name of log file. I can only
see x264 has parameter stats which allows us to change the name of log
file, but by looking at the ffmpeg ,it seems it doesn't implement this
parameter in ffmpeg command line.

I don't know if you know something about it , how can I change the name of
pass log file with ffmpeg command line?

Thank you very much!