[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg build - ERROR: libfaac not found

Raju Nanduri raju2803 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 22:46:12 CET 2011

Hi,

I got the latest source file on my ubuntu 10.04 ( lucid) and tried running ./configure and got the following error;
ERROR: libfaac not found

Please see config.log as attached. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Pl note that running the common triple ofconfigure
(configure,  make and make install) with out any command line options or arugemts
ran just fine. Here is more detailed description of commands I ran and the error.

I have followed instructions from  the  URL in ubuntu forums  (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9868359&postcount=1289 ) to  get and build ffmpeg  and here are the 3 steps I did:

1.sudo  git clone git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg
2. cd ffmpeg
3. sudo ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc \
    --enable-libfaac --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb \
    --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-x11grab

nanduri at rnanduri-ubuntu:/usr/local/opal/plugins/video/ffmpeg$ sudo ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc \
>     --enable-libfaac --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb \
>     --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-x11grab
ERROR: libfaac not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

Thanks
-Raju