[FFmpeg-user] Problem compiling ffmpeg - compilation gets stuck at dsputil.c

ravi.kumar ravi.kumar at zenverge.com
Mon Nov 7 02:04:48 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to compile ffmpeg for a Marvell platform and I am facing an issue. Here are the details,

Platform - Linux debian 2.6.31.8 running on armv5tel
Compiler - gcc (Debian 4.4.5-8) 4.4.5

The problem I am facing is, after configure, when I run make, it compiles few files but gets stuck while compiling dsputil.c (CC libavcodec/dsputil.o)

When the problem happens I see that the compiler has taken the 100% of the cpu but still does not proceed further. Please note that I have even configured swap partition to make sure compiler does not run out of memory.

Let me know if any of you have faced any such issue and resolved the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Ravi